- At the start of the competition, have each competitor fill out the judging form.
- Then have them bring the form by the judging station. Take an unused FlySight and plug it into USB.
- The Ingest Utility will recognize it. Enter the competitor’s name and nationality. By default, the Ingest Utility will not stage any files from the FlySight. This is what you want to do at the start of the competition… That way, if there are any jumps in the FlySight already, they won’t show up in the “staged” list.
- Unplug the FlySight and give it to the competitor.
- Between rounds, plug each FlySight in again. The Ingest Utility should automatically add a single new jump to the “staged” list for each competitor. Leave the FlySight plugged in until the “Copying files…” indicator turns off (at the bottom of the window). When it turns off, it is safe to unplug the FlySight. Usually, this takes only a second or so.
- Plug in each FlySight and then, when they’re all done, start working your way down the “staged” list, clicking on a file and exporting it to Paralog.
- Paralog should automatically import the file with no additional clicks. If it doesn’t, you may need to get an updated version from Klaus.
- Finally, upload the imported file to PPC. The description for each file now includes the competitor’s name, so it’s almost impossible to get them mixed up.